What you should know about traveling safely with us during COVID - 19
At AlpinBus, we strive to make your travels easier, less stressful, and more convenient. While COVID-19 had made that more challenging, we will continue to get our clients to their destinations safely and on time with the customary excellent service that we are known for. We ensure you that the latest regulations are being followed and immediately implemented.
FOR YOUR SAFETY AND OURS
Working in the transportation industry means that your safety, the safety of our drivers and the others you might come into contact with is our top priority. We take all necessary measures to make sure that the transportation services we provide are safe. We do this by making sure our drivers follow WHO (World Health Organization) safety measures for COVID-19 prevention.
Please read the following information about safety measures:
- All vehicles will be desinfected several times a day after each journey. Regular cleaning of vehicles continues as usual. In addition to this, we now use disinfectant solution to clean frequent touchpoints, before each transfer.
- Regular hand-washing is one of the main precautions against spreading the coronavirus infection and for this reason, the vehicle will be equipped with hand sanitizer for passengers. Our drivers will sanitise hands before every trip.
- Passengers and drivers must wear masks that cover their nose and mouth. Face masks must be worn throughout the journey. A scarf / neckerchief, like masks, may only be worn subject to strict and hygienic measures (wearing period).
Exceptions to the obligation to wear travel masks:
Children under 6 years of age.
Wearing masks is not mandatory for health reasons (eg people with chronic respiratory problems, anxiety disorders or progressive dementia, children with ADHD, asthma, etc.) Evidence of Exception Use – Medical Confirmation Required (Independent Professional Legal Confirmation Issued by a Physician)
- We will avoid physical contact with the passengers and their belongings, where possible.
- As an additional measure, we have temporarily suspended cash payments.
- Transfers with people who do not live in the same house are only allowed if only 2 people are carried in each row of seats. In addition, wearing of face mask is required.
- 5-seater vehicle: max. 3 Passengers.
- 9-seater vehicle with 3 rows: max. 5 Passengers.
- 9-seater vehicle with 4 rows: max. 7 Passengers.
All information applies to passengers who do not live in the same household.
More about Coronavirus – regulations for the transportation of passengers:
GENERAL INFORMATION ON SOCIAL DISTANCING
In public spaces, a minimum distance of 1 meter must be maintained to all people not living in the same household. The wearing of a face mask covering the nose and mouth is mandatory in the following situations:
- in (food) shops
- on the premises of service providers and in all forms of customer contact
- on public transport and in taxis
- at indoor and outdoor events
- in cable cars, funicular railways, coaches and in sightseeing boats
- in local authority buildings
- in schools outside the classroom
- in pharmacies, nursing homes, hospitals and health resorts, and in places where health and care services are provided
- in locations subject to the Austrian Act on Hygiene at Swimming Pools and Bathing Waters (with the exception of showers and indoor swimming pools)
- at markets and trade fairs (indoor and outdoor)
Coronavirus in Tirol: the most important questions and answers:
Information and guidance from the French Government regarding the current outbreak of coronavirus disease COVID-19 in France.
AIRPORT TRANSFERS STILL AVAILABLE
Please check to make sure that any travel plans you make comply with local and national travel restrictions. We operate in compliance with these rules, so please make sure your plans also do. The booking process continues as normal.
Please note that when entering a country it is not only the regulations of the country which must be taken into consideration but also the regulations in the home country where visitors are arriving from.
We recommend that you contact the relevant authorities to find out about the regulations for entering and leaving your home country.
Entering in Austria:
Individuals wanting to enter Austria from a EU member state, the Schengen Area, or from Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, the Vatican, or the UK must present a medical certificate to the immigration officer confirming a negative molecular-biological SARS-CoV-2 test. The certificate must be issued by a licensed medical practitioner in German or English and THE TEST must not be older than 72 hours at the time of entry (sample collection must not be older than max. 72 hours)
Entering in Germany:
For Germany, travel restrictions apply for entry from a large number of countries. These are issued by the Federal Ministry of the Interior, Building and Community. Please check with the Federal Ministry of the Interior, Building and Community (BMI) prior to your trip to find out what regulations apply specifically with regard to the country from which you plan to enter Germany.
In principle, entry is possible from:
EU member states, states associated with Schengen: Iceland, Norway, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and the United Kingdom.
Other countries, from which entry is possible due to the epidemiological situation assessment by the EU.
Entry from other countries is only possible in exceptional cases and is conditional on there being an urgent Need.
Entering in France:
If you are arriving from a country on the list below, you can enter metropolitan France without any COVID-19-related restrictions or paperwork.
Member States of the European Union, Andorra, the Holy See, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland,and the United Kingdom.
Entering in Switzerland:
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
Please make sure that if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or suspect you may have COVID-19, you cancel your plans accordingly.
We understand that travel plans may change during an epidemic, and flexibility is more important than ever.
We will continue to process refunds as usual during this unprecedented time.
It is also highly recommended to take out travel insurance for the upcoming winter season. This now insures against Covid-19 as well as any other unexpected serious illness.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Need more information? Please contact us at our customer service:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +43 670 309 0016
Thank you so much, and please stay safe.